Today at the HGC Western Clash event for Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard announced an unlikely new character — Probius — and it’s quite literally a probe from the StarCraft series. Probious is a ranged specialist that summons Pylons and Photon Cannons from StarCraft with a builder playstyle. He looks adorable and sounds rad as hell. He’ll hit the PTR in “a few short days” (likely Tuesday).
Cho’gall, Arthas, Anub’arak, and Gazlowe changes are also coming in the same patch, and the return of the “on fire” system has been teased, as well as a kill feed. Good times! I’m glad that the team is actively working on so many quality of life upgrades beyond new heroes.
You can view Probius’ full ability list below, as well as a partial talent list and some screenshots.
Video via Heroes of the Storm
Since his activation, Probius has always wanted to prove himself. He may be small, but he made a big difference by warping in a critical pylon during the retaking of Aiur. As the bravest of probes, Probius is eager to fulfill his purpose in the Nexus.
- Warp In Pylon
* Warp in a Pylon that generates a Power Field and grants vision of the surrounding area. Probius only regenerates mana while inside a Power Field. * Up to 2 Pylons can be active at a time
- Worker Rush (Z)
* Activate to gain an additional 50% Movement Speed for 5 seconds. Taking damage ends this effect early. * Passive: Probius moves 10% faster by hovering over the ground.
- Disruption Pulse (Q)
* Fire a burst of energy forward, dealing 150 damage to all enemies it passes through. Hitting the center of a Warp Rift will cause it to explode, dealing additional damage.
- Warp Rift (W )
* Open an unstable Warp Rift at a location that takes 1.25 seconds to arm, which then slows nearby enemies by 20%, lasting 9 seconds. * Armed Warp Rifts explode when hit by a Disruption Pulse, dealing 261 damage to nearby enemies.
- Photon Cannon (E)
* Warp in a Photon Cannon that deals 95 damage per second. Lasts 11 seconds. * Must be placed within a Pylon’s Power Field. Deactivates if it doesn’t have a Pylon powering it.
- Pylon Overcharge (R)
* Increase the size of Pylon power fields and allow them to attack enemies within it for 110 damage per second. Last 10 seconds. * Passive: Pylons gain permanent Shields equal to 50% of their maximum Health.
- Null Gate (R)
* Project a barrier of negative energy in the target direction that lasts 4 seconds. Enemies who touch the barrier take 64 damage per second and are slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it.
1 [Q] Echo Pulse - Disruption Pulse now returns to Probius 1.25 seconds after reaching its target, dealing 75% damage on the return trip. 1 [W] Warp Resonance Quest: Hit Heroes with Warp Rift explosions. Reward: After hitting 10 Heroes with Warp Rift explosions, increase the explosion damage by 100. Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes with Warp Rift explosions, Warp Rift gains 1 additional charge. 1 [E] Gather Minerals Quest: Enemy Heroes and Minions drop Minerals when killed. Collect them to increase the Health of Photon Cannons by 8, up to 560. Reward: After collecting 70 Minerals, Photon Cannons deal 25% more damage, can see over obstacles, and reveal nearby Cloaked units. 2 [E] Photon Barrier - While a Photon Cannon is alive and powered, Probius gains 30 Spell Armor. 2 [Z] Turbo Charged - Worker Rush grants an additional 10% passive Movement Speed while in a Power Field, and its cooldown is reduced by 20 seconds. 2 Shield Capacitor - Probius gains permanent Shields equal to 10% of his max Health. Shields regenerate quickly as long as he hasn't taken damage recently. 3 [Q] Particle Accelerator - Disruption Pulse deals 10% more damage for each enemy or Warp Rift hit, up to 40%. 3 [W] Rift Shock - Hitting an enemy Hero with Warp Rift explosion increases Probius' damage against them by 20% for 10 seconds. 3 [E] Tower Defense - When Photon Cannon damages an enemy Hero, its cooldown is reduced by 1.25 seconds. 4 [R1] Pylon Overcharge - Increase the size of Pylon power fields and allow them to attack enemies within it for 110 damage per second. Lasts 10 seconds. Passive: Pylons gain permanent Shields equal to 50% of their max Health. 4 [R2] Null Gate - Project a barrier of negative energy in the target direction that lasts 4 seconds. Enemies who touch the barrier take 64 damage per second and are slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it. 5 Aggressive Matrix - Pylon's Power Field grants allied Heroes 20% increased Attack Damage. 5 Power Overflowing - Pylon's Power Field grants allied Heroes 10% increased Spell Power and 2 Mana per second. 5 Shield Battery - Pylon's Power Field grants allied Heroes 30 Shields per second, up to 120. Shields persist for 4 seconds after exiting a Pylon Power Field. 6 [W] Quantum - Enemies continue to be slowed for 3.5 seconds after their last contact Entanglement with a Warp Rift. 6 [W] Gravity Well - Enemies are slowed more the closer they are to the center of the Warp Rift, up to a maximum slow of 60%. 6 [W] Repulsor - Enemies hit by a Warp Rift explosion are knocked away from the center. 6 [W] Interference - Enemy Heroes hit by Warp Rift detonations have their Spell Power reduced by 35% for 3 seconds. 7 [R1] Construct Additional Pylons - Probius can now have up to 3 active Pylons, and increase the damage of Pylon Overcharge by 25%. 7 [R2] Gate Keeper - Null Gate lasts indefinitely if either end is within a Power Field. Only one Null Gate may be active at a time. 7 [Q] Shoot 'Em Up - Hitting a Warp Rift with Disruption Pulse causes 4 additional pulses that deal 50% damage.. to be fired from the impact location in different directions. Additional Pulses do not benefit from Echo Pulse or Particle Accelerator. 7 [W] Probius Loop - Whenever a Rift explosion hits 2 or more enemy Heroes, create a new Warp Rift in the same location.
This article and images was originally posted on www.destructoid.com
By Chris Carter