Take to the streets for intense close quarters combat, where a team’s survival depends upon securing crucial strongholds and destroying enemy supply in this multiplayer and cooperative Source Engine based experience. The follow-up game to the award-winning Source mod,Insurgency is highly competitive and unforgivingly lethal, striking a balance between one-life gameplay and prolonged action.
- Over 20 weapons with numerous attachments, no crosshair, and a focus on realistic weapon behavior including a free-aim system and intense suppression effects.
- 27 multiplayer and cooperative maps that take place in 12 distinctive environments ranging from Iraq to Afghanistan to Somalia.
- 8 multiplayer game modes supporting up to 32 players, with a focus on territorial control, destroying weapon caches and escorting high value targets.
- 3 cooperative game modes where you and your friends team up to complete mission-based objectives.
- Offline practice mode, playing with bots on all game modes.
- Squad system built upon role-based player classes, which are customizable and asymmetrical based on what team you are on.
- Squad-based communication system which includes 3D VOIP, allowing friendly and enemy players within proximity to hear you.
- Overhead map detailing objective and teammate locations.
- Accumulate supply to customize and upgrade your gear, affecting your weight, stamina, and movement speed.
- Simplified HUD and UI for a clean, immersive user experience focused on the action and environments.
- Highly immersive particle FX and audio to intensify the game experience.
- Create custom maps and content using the Insurgency SDK and scripting system.
- Playable on both PC and Mac OSX and supports multiplayer cross-compatibility.
- Dedicated Server Support for PC and Linux.
Multiplayer Game Modes:
Push — Three territorial objectives must be captured by the attacking team in sequential order. For each objective captured, they gain more reinforcement and time to attack the next. Defenders have a finite amount of reinforcements and must use each wisely. Once the third objective is captured by the attackers, a fourth cache objective must be destroyed, while the defenders have only one life to make a last stand.
Firefight — Three territorial objectives, one for each team, plus one neutral. Each team only respawns when they secure an objective. Secure all objectives or eliminate all enemy to win. Every life counts, making this a very suspenseful experience dependent upon teamwork.
Skirmish — In addition to three territorial objectives, each team has a supply cache to protect. Teams gain extra reinforcement waves until their cache is destroyed. When both teams have lost their caches and all reinforcement waves, it becomes a Firefight match.
Occupy — There is one central territorial objective in the area. The team that controls it does not deplete reinforcement waves. This gameplay in this mode is reminiscent to King of the Hill or “tug of war”.
Ambush — A high value target (“HVT”) must be escorted to an extraction point. It’s one team’s goal to make this happen and it’s the other team’s goal to stop this from happening at all costs. The HVT is only armed with a silenced pistol, but can pick up a weapon from a fallen enemy or teammate.
Strike — In this attack and defend mode a weapon cache must be discovered and destroyed. There are three potential locations for the cache that the attacking team must get eyes on. The defending team must set up a strong defense, and perhaps even make use of a diversion to fool the attacking team into thinking the cache is somewhere that it’s not.
Infiltrate — The standard Capture the Flag mode, but with a twist. Your team’s goal is to take the enemy’s intel and return it to your base. Your team will only gain reinforcements when someone takes the enemy’s intel, or when an enemy stealing your team’s intel is neutralized. This mode requires very strong team coordination and strategy.
Flashpoint — One neutral territorial objective and two caches on each side. The goal is to secure the entire area, controlling the middle and destroying the enemy’s caches. Your team respawns when they secure the territorial objective or destroy a cache objective.
Cooperative Game Modes:
Checkpoint — Complete mission-based objectives in sequence against AI enemy. Each successful objective will respawn anyone who was eliminated along the way.
Hunt — Insurgents are dispersed in the environment, and your squad must eliminate all targets while locating and destroying the weapons cache. High on tension, with only one-life.
Survival — Play as Insurgents and fight against endless waves of progressively difficult Security enemies on night themed maps. Reaching safehouse objectives with your team earns you supply to purchase better weapons and spawns any dead teammates.
Starbound starts 4/18/2017
Starbound is an extraterrestrial sandbox adventure game! You’ve fled your home, only to find yourself lost in space with a damaged ship. Your only option is to beam down to the planet below and gather the resources you need to repair your ship and set off to explore the vast, infinite universe…
Starbound development began in mid-2011. In April 2013, we hosted a pre-order campaign for Starbound through our own website using Humble widgets. We received an overwhelming amount of support from our community, raising over $1,000,000 towards the game’s development in less than a month! In December 2013, Starbound entered Early Access on Steam. Within three months, we had sold over one million copies. As of February 2016, we’ve sold over two million copies! Since its Early Access launch, Starbound has sold at a steady pace and has popped up on the Steam Top Sellers list as well as the top ten most played games on the platform, with concurrent players peaking at 88,000 during launch and 40,000 after large content updates.
- Choose from one of 7 playable races and customize your character
- Save the universe in a story campaign featuring unique characters, bosses, dungeons and quests!
- You’re the captain of your very own starship! Decorate it, expand it and use it to explore a procedurally generated universe
- Colonize uncharted planets and collect gifts from your tenants – if they like you, they may even ask to join your ship crew!
- Three game modes – Casual (no need to eat), Survival (eat to survive/drop items on death) and Hardcore (permadeath)
- Craft thousands of objects – building materials, armor, weapons, furniture and more
- Capture unique monsters to fight alongside you
- All content is available in online drop-in/drop-out co-op
- Built from the ground up to be easily moddable. You have the tools to make the universe your own – add new races, biomes, dungeons, and quests
Evoland 2 starts 4/19
Evoland 2 is the spiritual successor to the original Evoland with its graphics style changing as you travel through time and its gameplay evolving as you move along the storyline. It is also a much bigger game and a classic RPG at heart, with a complex scenario based on time travel, dozens of characters with their own backgrounds and ambitions and vastly different gameplay styles that are linked to the story and the player’s actions.
Full of humor and references to classic games, the aptly named Evoland 2, A Slight Case of Spacetime Continuum Disorder will bring a truly epic and extraordinary adventure, unlike anything you’ve ever played before!
This Steam Early Access game is currently not a finished game and may or may not change significantly over the course of development. To learn more about Steam Early Access, please visit Steam Early Access FAQ
Medieval Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and the maintenance of architectural works and mechanical equipment using medieval technology. Players build cities, castles and fortifications; construct mechanical devices and engines; perform landscaping and underground mining.
The game is inspired by real medieval technology and the way people built architectural works and mechanical equipment using medieval technology. Medieval Engineers strives to follow the laws of physics and history and doesn’t use any technologies that were not available in the 5th to 15th centuries.
Medieval Engineers concentrates on construction aspects, but can be played as an action game too. We expect players to avoid engaging in direct man-to-man combat and instead use their creativity and engineering skills to build war machines and fortifications. Medieval Engineers shouldn’t be about troops; it should be about the machinery you build.
Medieval Engineers is the second “engineering” game developed by Keen Software House. The first one is Space Engineers, which sold over 1 million copies in its first year and is still a bestseller.
Medieval Engineers is an Early Access game, which means that it is released while being under development but is already in a very playable state and contains a vast amount of features. The game is being improved on a regular basis through updates that add and polish features and content, optimizations and bug fixes.
- Game modes
- Creative – unlimited resources, instant building, invulnerability, levitation
- Multi-player – Will be added in a future update
- Barbarians – first prototype of enemy AI
- First-person & Third-person
- Voxel hand – Shape the terrain and its material (right now only creative mode voxel hand is implemented)
- Block types
- Small: 0.25 meter (25 centimeters)
- Large: 2.5 meters
- Dynamic: can be used to construct carriages and machinery that is supposed to be moved around
- Static: immovable and connected to earth; if a heavy load breaks its structural integrity it cracks and unsupported parts become dynamic
- Building blocks – stone walls (various shapes – from blocky to rounded), wooden walls and flooring, roofs (ceramic, thatched, hay), power source blocks (manual human labor), stored energy blocks (torsion spring), leverages, weights, swings, ropes, wooden beams of various length and shape
- Realistic physics – structural integrity, destructible objects (everything: from blocks to terrain), real proportions, volume, mass, storage capacity, integrity
- Steam Workshop – share your creations with the Community
- Modding – world files, 3D models, textures, shaders, API (scripting in-game objects in C#)
- 32-bit & 64-bit – 64-bit version expands the amount of objects and blocks (almost unlimited) and terrain
- World management – “save as” to multiple copies, auto-save every 5 minutes (can be turned on/off), edit world settings
To be added later
Please be sure to read the list of current features before you buy the game. It will give you an insight on what is or isn’t actually working: http://www.medievalengineers.com/features.html
Medieval Engineers is in development and undergoing frequent optimizations. The performance will get better. The performance depends on the complexity of your world and the configuration of your computer. Simple worlds run smoothly even on low-end computers, but a more complex world with rich object interactions could overload even high-end computers. Minimum requirements represent the bare minimum to run simple scenes and don’t guarantee a perfect experience.
System Requirements: http://www.medievalengineers.com/system-requirements.html
Endless Space Gold Starts 4/21
This bundle includes the following:
- Endless Space
- Endless Space – Amplitude Badge + GAMES2GETHER Points
This galaxy is ancient, and its first intelligent life was the civilization we call the Endless. Long before our eyes gazed upon the stars they flew between them, though all that remains of this people is what we call Dust. A substance found scattered or in forgotten temples, it once gave powers to admirals and galactic governors. The galaxy will belong to the faction that can take control of the Dust and uncover its secrets…
A Born Leader
Guide one of eight civilizations as you strive for galactic dominion. Will you control the entire galaxy through subtle trade and diplomacy, explore every corner of the universe to find powerful artifacts and resources, overwhelm other civilizations with your advanced technologies, or destroy your enemies with massive armadas?
With hundreds of star systems to explore, different planet types, luxuries and strategic resources to exploit, the mysteries within the Dust to master and a host of strange scientific phenomena to deal with, the player will have no lack of challenges. Hire heroes to become fleet admirals or system governors and discover five hero classes and their unique ability trees and specializations.
Experience Endless Space with state-of-the-art graphics and interface, switch between strategic battle decisions and long-term planning. Optimize each fleet for epic battles around contested stars. Create the perfect combinations from dozens of unique ships per civilization. Customize your ship with modules, armament, engines and special mods. The player has a plethora of choices of how to best destroy or dissuade his enemy.
Take on the Universe
Play against up to seven opponents and build up – or break – alliances at will. Discover an innovative and dynamic simultaneous turn-based gameplay. Permit instant jump-in for your ongoing online games. Define your own custom civilizations and confront the ones created by your friends.
Control every new game’s scope, from a quick match-up to an endless war. Generate an infinity of random galaxies where every start begins a new adventure. Modify the size, shape, density, age and a lot more to create your ideal galaxy. Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
Track the dev team’s objectives, progress and achievements. Participate in the creation of the game via the GAMES2GETHER initiative. Access early versions of the game and give your feedback to the dev team. Discuss actual and future game features and expansions with the dev team.
© 2013 Amplitude Studios. All rights reserved. Endless Space, Amplitude and Amplitude logo are trademarks of Amplitude Studios in the U.S. and other countries. *Amplitude Studios reserves the rights to monitor, suspend or terminate access to the Amplitude Studios forums for any user who does not abide by the guidelines found here
GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst Starts 4/22
Swear your oath as a GOD EATER and drive back the supernatural harbingers of Earth’s destruction. Buy GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst and get GOD EATER Resurrection FOR FREE!
Start your journey in GOD EATER Resurrection as a new member of the GOD EATER elite squad. Your mission is to defeat the Aragami and gather material from them for research, but you come to realize that you are being drawn in to a giant conspiracy that will irreversibly alter the fate of humanity. Three years after the events of GOD EATER Resurrection, a mysterious red rain sparks a fatal pandemic called the Black Plague. Members of the Special Unit “Blood”, an affiliate of the Fenrir Organization, are sent to investigate…
The Flame in the Flood Starts 4/23
A rogue-lite river journey through the backwaters of a forgotten post-societal America. Forage, craft, evade predators.
From the Art Director of BioShock and a team of veterans of the BioShock, Halo, GuitarHero and Rock Band series comes The Flame in the Flood.
Travel by foot and by raft down a procedurally-generated river as you scrounge for resources, craft tools, remedy afflictions, evade the vicious wildlife, and stay ahead of the coming rains.
Features an original full length soundtrack by acclaimed Alt-Country rocker Chuck Ragan featuring The Camaraderie, The Fearless Kin and other special guests.
Upcoming Store SalesDatesSaleGames Included
4/17 – 4/21Simulation Week
4/20 – 4/24Deep Silver Weekend
Immediately receive DiRT Rally and INSIDE (MSRP $59.99) with more to come!
Each game is yours to keep. Cancel anytime. Enjoy 10% off the Humble Store.
This article and images was originally posted on ESIST.tech
ESIST may receive a commission for any purchases made through our affiliate links. All commissions made will be used to support and expand ESIST.Tech