Price Drop. $1495 with Free Shipping (dropped from $1795)
Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q+ OLED Monitor & Recorder, HD/2K/UHD/4K Recording over HDMI or SDI
Includes Titan HD Extract Upgrade Free!
About Convergent Design Odyssey7Q+
The pictured Convergent Design Odyssey7Q+ drops from $1,795.00 to $1,495.00 at Adorama and Shipping is free!
The Convergent Design Odyssey7Q+ is the most advanced, most capable, most versatile monitor/recorder in the world. The Odyssey7Q+ can record HD/2K/UHD/4K via SDI and HDMI. It can record RAW (with Record Options), uncompressed DPX and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ). The Odyssey7Q+ features an OLED 1280×800 monitor with true blacks, accurate colors, extended color gamut and a 176 degree viewing angle.
Along with the best image in the industry, the Odyssey7Q+ also features an extensive array of image analysis tools, including an RGB waveform, RGB Histogram, False Color, Pixel Zoom with finger drag, three-mode Focus Assist and monitoring LUTs.
The unique Multi-Stream Monitoring mode allows up to four HD video inputs to be viewed at once in a quad-split view or to be live-switched between in full screen. The Odyssey7Q+ weighs a little over one pound, is just one inch thick and can run on any power source from 6.5-34 volts.
The Odyssey7Q+ features a 7.7″ OLED screen with 1280×800 resolution. The OLED display provides true blacks and accurate colors. A full complement of image analysis tools include a waveform (luma or RGB parade), a histogram (luma or RGB parade), zebra, programmable False Color, Pixel Zoom with finger drag, a three-mode Focus Assist and LUTs. The included LUTs provide proper viewing of the LOG and RAW modes available from numerous popular cameras, with programmable LUTs coming in the future. These tools are controlled by the easy to use touchscreen interface and are available to view on the OLED or optionally on the SDI and HDMI video outputs of the Odyssey7Q+.
The Odyssey7Q+ is able to record more formats and signal types than any other recorder in the world. Included in the Odyssey7Q+ is Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) recording in HD/2K up to 60p and UHD/4K up to 30p. Also included is Uncompressed DPX video recording in HD/2K in 10/12-bit up to 60p. Record Options allow recording of ARRIRAW (ALEXA), Canon Cinema RAW (C500) Sony FS RAW (FS7/FS700 and POV RAW (IO Industries, Indiecam). FS RAW and Canon Cinema RAW also feature the ability to convert RAW signals into video and recording in Apple ProRes 422 (HQ). Additional recording formats will be added via firmware updates. Recording is to SSD drives, available separately. Two SSD slots allow for extended record times and high data load recording.
All formats are available for immediate playback directly on the Odyssey7Q+. Full deck controls or tablet-style touchscreen scrubbing through clips makes playback quick and easy. On ProRes files, clip markers are available to quickly pinpoint important material. Image Analysis Tools are also available in Play Mode.
View up to four HD video signals at once as a quad-split screen or live-switch between inputs. Great for multi-camera shoots and internet streamed productions. Future Record Options will allow recording of four separate simultaneous Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) files, including a live-switch file and an edit decision list (EDL) in an XML file.
Use Odyssey7Q+ as a monitor today on any modern camera. Add an SSD and the Odyssey7Q+ is ready to record. When shooting with a RAW output camera, Record Options can be purchased off the website at any time. Firmware updates continue to expand refine the capabilities of the Odyssey7Q+
Lightweight, low power, smart design
Clever design and a magnesium alloy case keeps the Odyssey7Q+ to just over 1lb (560g). The Odyssey7Q+ consumes 8-19W depending on mode, can run on anything from 6.5-34v and has no fans or venting to make noise or let in the elements.
Power & battery
The Odyssey7Q+ is supplied with a Convergent Design AC power supply (replacement part CD-OD-AC-PS). This is a universal switching power supply that can be used throughout the world and comes complete with several interchangeable plug connectors. Only use a Convergent Design AC power supply on the Odyssey7Q+. The Odyssey7Q+ can accept DC power ranging from 6.5-34v. Depending on monitor and record modes, the power draw from the Odyssey7Q+ can range from 8-15w.
Convergent Design Odyssey7Q+ Features
- HDMI and SDI I/O: HD/2K/UHD/4K Recording over HDMI or SDI w/ conversion
- LUT SUPPORT: ARRI Log-C, CANON C-Log, SONY S-Log, S-Log 2, S-Log 3
- ASPECT RATIO GUIDES: Standard and Custom (user adjustable), may be used for framing guides, Horizontal/Vertical Framing Guides Available
- FOCUS ASSIST: Video + Edges (Peaking), Edges Only, Enhanced Edges, user choice of color: Red, Green, or Blue
- ZEBRAS: Adjustable zebra exposure indicators
- FALSE COLOR: False Color with 5 programmable levels
- WAVEFORM: Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size andCompact Size options
- HISTOGRAM: Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size Options
- PIXEL ZOOM: 1:1 and 2:1 Image Magnification with frame drag
- OUTPUT DOWNSCALING: Output 1080p HD via HDMI or SDI from 4K/UHD source (allows for additional on-set monitoring)
- MULTI-STREAM DISPLAY: Display four simultaneous 1080 or 720 HD streams, HD-SDI and HDMI inputs supported in multiple formats
- DIGITAL/ANALOG AUDIO: Multi-channel audio support via SDI, HDMI or 3.5mm analogports
- TIMECODE: LTC I/O (BNC) or embedded timecode via HD-SDI & HDMI (limited to specific cameras
- IN/OUT MARKERS: In/Out markers set during recording can be used during start/stop/playback and exported to NLE.
- UPGRADEABLE: RAW Recording Options available for purchase or rental through ourwebsite. (Sony RAW, Canon RAW, ARRIRAW, POV Raw)
- DUAL SSD SUPPORT: Dual drive architecture allows for long record time, high frame rate and high data rate recording.
- RUGGED DESIGN: Magnesium alloy case for extreme durability in harsh conditions
This article and images was originally posted on [ESIST] June 5, 2017
ESIST may receive a commission for any purchases made through our affiliate links. All commissions made will be used to support and expand ESIST.Tech