Your daily selection of the hottest trending tech news!
According to Engadget
MyLiFi is a lamp that provides a secure, wireless, radiowave-free internet connection to nearby devices, all through the data-transferring power of LEDs. It’s a simplistic, industrial-style desk lamp that beams broadband to a dongle, which users connect to their laptops or mobile devices — and boom, they have secure, fast internet. Data is transferred between the bulb and the dongle via invisible, blinking LEDs, which means the lamp doesn’t need to be on in order to provide a connection.
LiFi is a fairly new concept, but it promises to provide faster speeds than Wi-Fi and it’s unhackable, unless the intruder has a direct line of sight to the actual connected light bulb. MyLiFi, for instance, hits up to 23Mbps, compared with an average of 10Mbps for Wi-Fi.
MyLiFi comes from French company Oledcomm, and CEO Benjamin Azoulay envisions multiple use cases for this kind of technology. LiFi can be handy in hospitals, which demand a radiowave-free environment and tight security over patient information. Or, it can be good for gaming fans, since the connection is faster and more stable than Wi-Fi.
MyLiFi ships with an app that lets users control the lamp and turn off internet connectivity whenever they want. The lamp is available for pre-order now via Indiegogo, starting at $700.
Click here to catch up on the latest news from CES 2018.
MyLiFi® has already won 2 CES awards innovation under the categories “tech for a better world” and “Smart Cities”.
- MyLiFi® has been designed for your home.
- MyLiFi ® is a high quality LED lighting, with dimming and modification of temperature color (from warm to neutral to cold atmosphere).
- It will allow you to get a fast connection at 23mb/s, secure and without radiowaves!
WHAT IS LIFI TECHNOLOGY?
Co- Invented by Suat TOPSU in 2005, LiFi technology for “Light Fidelity” is a new method to connect wirelessly mobile devices and other connected devices using LED lights.Oledcomm used a Li-Fi-enabled lightbulb to transmit data at speeds as fast as 23 megabit per second (Mbps). Laboratory tests have shown theoretical speeds of 224 Gigabit per second (Gbps), meaning a high-definition film could be downloaded within seconds.
- Access, throught MyLiFi® APP, secured by a personal password, to all of your MyLiFi® feature. Manage your group of light, users and digital detox moments in a few clic.
- The app allows you to control all the lights in a room or area at once, instantly.
- The Routines feature allows you to set light and LiFi schedules to support your daily activities, from the moment you wake up until you go to bed at night.
With MyLiFi®, set up the rules and teach your children a healthy relation to the Internet. It is good sometimes to switch off and enjoy some time together away from any distraction. Thanks to the silver: button and our web panel control, simply customize the connection planning. Manage your connection hours and access control. The LiFi works even when the lamp is switched off!
MyLiFi® is also providing all LED capacities such as Light Therapy:
- Wake up with the sun light: a simulated sunrise will begging at the hour you choose, transitioning from a dim glow to 200 lux at full brightness (think gentle bedside lamp).
- Fall asleep at sunset: relax and drift off to sleep with dimming sunset.
- Controlled through a web application,
- Smartphone accessible,
- Password access control.
- Lightning Characteristics Light source :
- Nominal power : 13W
- Lumen : 800 lm
- Color temperature : 2200K (warm white) to 6500K (cold white)
- LED life time : 50,000 h Warm Glow
- Dimming Programmable lighting wake up and sleep Customizable ambiance (colour temp. and dimming)
- Mechanical Characteristics Indoor use Ingress protection : IP20 Pivoting head Balance arm Main
- Material : white-painted aluminium
- Colours for the wire : red (standard), yellow and blue (on demand), white and black.
- Weight : 4,4kg (without packaging)
- Communication Characteristics LiFi connection between MyLiFi and your computer LiFi (IEEE 802.15.7r1)
- Data rate downlink : 13Mbps LiFi (IEEE 802.15.7r1) data rate uplink : 10Mbps
- Light OFF mode (connection without visible light)
- PoE connection between MyLiFi and your network Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) and (IEEE 802.3at)
- Remote Light control through a web pr mobile application
- Electrical Characteristics Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af)
- Ethernet cable lenght : 2m – with male RJ45 connector
- Compatible with PCL modules and PoE injectors
- Accessories included 1 LiFi dongle for computer (Windows and MacBook) with USB A and USB C
- Additional Accessories PoE injector 15W (110 or 220VAC, 50 or 60Hz)
- Certifications & Warranty CE, UL and Energy Star under process
- 2 years warranty
- Got any news, tips or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com