Your daily selection of the hottest trending tech news!
According to Yanko Design
Last year we called the GNARBOX “Filmmaking’s biggest innovation yet“, because it refined a filmmaker’s post-production process so drastically and so efficiently, you could call it textbook groundbreaking. Like, being able to edit RAW images and 4K video on your smartphone groundbreaking. The GNARBOX would store all your captured data on its disk in its original format, letting you access files from a smartphone or tablet app, sorting, editing, and creating content within the GNARBOX… from your handheld device. It would cut down the time taken in the creative process by days or even months, because you’d previously need to capture data on site, and then travel back to your studio to sort through and edit files on your desktop back in your studio.
The GNARBOX 2.0 is a refinement of that groundbreaking outlook. A 1TB SSD that’s literally the size of your phone, the GNARBOX 2.0 stores and secures all your content from phones to drones, to action cameras and heavy-duty photography and videography equipment. Built now with a handy screen and four control buttons, the GNARBOX 2.0 lets you back up all your data faster than ever before (with 75mb/s speeds over SD card and 450mb/s over USB-C) and even lets you view back your content on a large screen via the mini-HDMI port.
The idea behind the GNARBOX 2.0 is the same as its predecessor, albeit with better chops. It lets you capture heavyweight professional visual content, but access them on a lightweight go-to device, instead of waiting weeks before you have access to your desktop and the specialist software. With its set of apps that let you backup and recall, categorize, edit and manage metadata, review and edit footage on the go, letting you be on top of your creative process and transition from production to post-production in literally an instant. Built with its own set of mobile apps as well as compatibility with Lightroom CC and LumaFusion, the GNARBOX 2.0 empowers you as a creative, allowing you to work on your projects whenever inspiration strike, empowers your business and brand, by giving you the tools to speed up your workflow by eliminating the need to sit in front of a desktop (and transfer all those heavy files) before you can begin creating magic. Filmmaking’s biggest innovation yet isn’t about making better cameras, workstations, or adopting faster industry standards… It’s about rethinking, redesigning and optimizing the creative workflow to empower creatives to work faster and more efficiently.
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD is a rugged backup device for content creators who prefer to travel without a laptop. Unlike other portable hard drives, they have assembled an ecosystem of mobile applications that serve the professional workflow from the field to the studio.
Faster, easier, backups
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD comes equipped with a multifunctional on-box display and buttons that allow you to start file transfers with a single touch.
- One-Touch Backup: Quickly perform backups without your phone or tablet in one touch using the on-board OLED screen and buttons.
- Preset Folder Trees: Access your preset folder trees for organized backups.
- Checksum Verification: Receive a checksum verification on transfers to give you confirmation on every byte.
- 75MB/s to 450MB/s Transfers: Backup with speeds up to 75MB/s using the SD Card slot or 450MB/s via USB-C.
Software that streamlines your workflow
GNARBOX’s four new mobile applications offer dedicated workspaces to complete essential workflow steps in the field. Integrations with industry-leading editors bridge you to the studio, reducing time spent working at your computer:
- Safekeep: The most complete field backup experience, with tailored file/folder organization and sleek tools to manage file transfers across your devices.
- Selects: Provides super-fast RAW image preview and easy-to-use tools to mark your selects, manage metadata, and save time preparing your shots for edit.
- Sequence: Has the tools you need to review footage, start rough cuts in the field, and seamlessly transition your video project to the studio.
- Showcase: Lets you view your photos and videos in high resolution on any HDMI-enabled screen.
For backups and organization
- Backup to Drives: Seamlessly move files across cards, your GNARBOX, hard drives and RAIDs in an easy-to-use interface.
- Organize Files and Folders: Organize and rename your files and folders for streamlined navigation.
- Dropbox Sync: Automatically sync folders to the Dropbox cloud when you reach WiFi.
- Fast RAW Preview: Quickly preview RAW images while still in the field to make sure you got the shot.
- Lightweight Color Correction: Simple tools to review with color.
- 5-Star Rating: Cull images with a 5-star rating to designate for Lightroom organization.
- Review & Render Footage: Review high resolution footage and render into editing formats such as ProRes.
- Timeline & Bins: Trim clips, organize shots into bins, and piece together a rough-cut.
- XML Project Export: Export any sequence created in the field to Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
For HDMI display
- HDMI Connect: View your photos or videos on any monitor or television using the microHDMI port.
- Navigate Files: Easily navigate the files stored on your GNARBOX using thumbnail collections.
- Big Screen Playback: Playback high resolution clips in real-time.
For field editing and sharing
Rugged, powerful hardware
- IP67-Certified: Protected from dust and capable of withstanding water immersion between 15 cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes.
- High Performance: Packed with the power of a laptop – including an Intel processor, NVMe SSD, 802.11ac WiFi, SD card slot, and two USB-C ports.
- Flexible Power Management: Replaceable batteries make it easy to plan for your shoot or trip.
- Got any news, tips or want to contact us directly? Feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also subscribe now to receive daily or weekly posts.