Your daily selection of the hottest trending gaming news!
According to PlayStation.Blog.Europe
Boy – the game is OUT! We at Santa Monica Studio have been blown away by the massive outpouring of positivity from our players, peers and the community over the global release of God of War. The last couple of weeks have been an exciting and humbling ride for us and we’d like to thank everyone for your love, support and for playing!
While you’ve been busy enjoying the game, we’ve been hard at work preparing Photo Mode for prime time. And the wait is over! With the Photo mode patch, which will be rolling out later today, you’ll be able to jump into the director’s chair and experience God of War through the lens of your own camera. Just fire up the game, ensure you’re connected online, and you’ll be prompted to update.
With God of War, we hoped to craft a game experience that was both a technical and art showcase. So adding Photo mode was a no brainer! With Photo mode, players will be able to unleash their creativity and experience the world, its fast paced combat, the beautifully crafted environments and its deadly characters like never before. With player choice being such a central theme to many of the decisions we made on God of War, we sought to deliver a Photo mode with lots of options and we’re excited to put it in your hands!
Photo mode can be accessed either through the Options Menu or by enabling Touch Pad Quick Access (which can be enabled via the settings).
To control the Photo mode camera, use the Left and Right Thumb Sticks to navigate around the scene, and use the R2 and L2 buttons to pan up or down. You can move the camera back to its original position at any time by clicking Square.
There are 5 tabs in the Photo mode menu that house all of the customization options within Photo Mode.
- Camera: Adjust the Field of View, Focal Length, and Camera Roll.
- Aperture: Adjust the Depth of Field, Focus Distance, and F-Stop.
- Filters: Adjust the Film Grain, Exposure, Filter, and Filter Intensity options.
- Borders: Add a Vignette and adjust the Vignette Intensity, and Vignette Falloff. This includes a variety of Border styles and the official God of War logo.
- Characters: Toggle the visibility of Kratos, Atreus, and all other characters in the scene. And my personal favorite, we’ve added the ability to change Kratos and Atreus’s facial expressions!
Alright, so what are you waiting for? The team is excited to see all the amazing pictures that you will take while playing God of War. Along with Photo mode, we’ve globally increased the text size in all our UI and Menus and included a new accessibility setting that allows players to remap Rage Mode.
But wait, there’s one more thing we’ve released today as well, God of War Stickers for mobile devices! Yell “Boy!”, raise your hands in Victory, show some love, or even throw a classic facepalm, our God of War emoji sticker set is now available FREE on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and other iOS devices. Don’t worry, they’ll also be coming to Android very soon via the PS Messages App.
On behalf of all of us here at Santa Monica Studio, thank you for playing!
The post God of War’s Photo mode will be available later today via free update appeared first on PlayStation.Blog.Europe.
- Got any news, tips or want to contact us directly? Feel free to email us: email@example.com. To see more posts like this please subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email. By subscribing you’ll receive the top trending news delivered to your inbox.