Your daily selection of the latest crowdfunding projects!
According to kickstarter.com
When did you last have an idea for a gift or something for yourself, couldn’t find it, and wished you could just make it? Last week? Yesterday? Few of us had the opportunity or temperament to train as sculptors or artists. It takes years of practice to hone and perfect sculpting technique or how much force to use to carve different materials. But now with Beambox as your tool, you too can transmute the everyday and the mundane into the expressive and the artisanal. Your inner artist is waiting to be freed.
What is Beambox? Beambox is a powerful laser cutter and engraver that lets you shape, cut, and engrave on materials like wood, leather, acrylic, and cardboard. Beambox’s innovative design makes it intuitive and simple, allowing you to use laser technology without all the fuss at an accessible price. Beambox ships with FLUX Studio, our user-friendly yet powerful software that allows you to take full creative control. Beambox gives you everything you need to free your inner artist and bring your ideas to life.
Beambox can cut…
…and also engrave
Camera Preview – What You See Is What You Get
See the work area live on your laptop or computer. Use the onboard HD camera to preview the work area and the material of your choice. Place your design exactly where you want, and get exactly what you expect.
Compact and Pro
We created 2 models of the Beambox, Compact, and Pro. The Compact model uses a 40-watt laser tube and comes in a convenient size. It’s perfect for home and recreation use. The Pro model uses a high powered 50-watt laser tube and offers a spacious work area. It is designed for shared or all-day use. It’s perfect for business, school, makerspace, and more.
We Make It Easy
1. Create your own design, or simply import JPG, PNG, SVG, or DXF files.
2. Use FLUX Studio to set up cut/engrave layers, adjust power levels, and set speeds.
3. Preview the work area to see what the finished task will look like.
4. Press start and, with a push of a button, Beambox will bring your ideas to life!
From Big Idea To Finished Product
Beambox Pro offers a spacious work area of 600x375mm (23.6×14.7), while the Compact has a smaller footprint at 400x375mm (15.7×14.7”).
Intuitive and Ready To Use
Control and monitor your Beambox using the built-in touch panel. Make sure your design is perfectly aligned using the built-in camera to preview the work area. Our efficient water cooling system takes simplicity to a whole new level.
Premium Laser Performance
Equipped with premium quality rails, the performance and durability of Beambox are unparalleled. The laser engraves in vector and raster mode at 500 DPI, allowing you to showcase your design in high resolution.
About FLUX Studio
FLUX Studio is the intuitive software that ships with Beambox. It’s compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux. Its clean user interface allows you to easily access all features of Beambox. FLUX Studio connects to your network using Wi-Fi or Ethernet. It can also connect to your personal hotspot. Multi-computer control makes it perfect for makerspaces and schools. The software supports JPG / PNG / SVG / DXF files, and saves the layer settings you’ve used.
Safety is a top priority. We implemented several safety mechanisms to make sure that you’re safe:
- Full enclosure: The work area is fully contained, protecting you from the laser light.
- Smart lid sensor: The machine automatically pauses if the lid is opened during a task.
- Emergency power switch: Though very unlikely, if an emergency occurs, users can shut down the machine immediately with a single switch.
- Compact water cooling system: Closed-loop liquid cooling system that pauses the task if the temperature gets too high.
- Integrated ventilation system: The ventilation fan produces 340CMH (200 CFM), helping to prevent fires while extracting smoke and fumes.
Rotary Extension Coming Soon
- Got any news, tips or want to contact us directly? Feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. To see more posts like this please subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email. By subscribing you’ll receive the top trending news delivered to your inbox.