Your daily selection of the hottest trending tech news!
According to Latest Articles from Tech Advisor (This article and its images were originally posted on Latest Articles from Tech Advisor August 15, 2018 at 12:13PM.)
It’s been possible to use Alexa, Amazon’s voice assistant, on Windows 10 computers for some time, but now the two companies are officially integrating their software: you’ll be able to call up Alexa on a Windows 10 PC, or Cortana from an Echo device.
The command “Hey Cortana, open Alexa” will trigger a brief setup process, and then you’ll be ready to rock. Here are some funny things you can ask Alexa.
You can also check your calendar, ask questions, get a news- or weather report, set timers, create to-do lists and more.
The functionality is rolling out in the US over the next day or so, but it’s not coming to the UK just yet. If you want to use Alexa on a Windows PC in the meantime, follow our instructions below.
How to install Alexa on Windows 10
New machines from HP, Lenovo, Asus and Acer may come with the Alexa app preinstalled: look for the Alexa app in the Start menu or type ‘Amazon Alexa’ in the Start menu Search bar.
You can attempt to set a Wake Word from the Settings menu, but this is dependent on your computer supporting hands-free access. If it doesn’t, click the Alexa icon at the bottom of the app to call up the voice assistant.
If your machine isn’t preinstalled with the software then it’s easy enough to install, though you’ll first need to ensure your PC is up to date and configured with US Language settings.
- Download Amazon Alexa for Windows 10
- Run the installer file
- Click Install
- Click ‘Yes’ when prompted by User Account Control to allow this app to make changes to your device
- You’ll be prompted to restart your machine once the installation is complete
- Once the PC has booted launch Alexa from the Start menu
- Click ‘Set up Amazon Alexa’
- Click ‘Continue’ to accept the T&Cs
- Click ‘Finish setup’
- Sign into your Amazon account
- The software will prompt you to install the latest update
- Got any news, tips or want to contact us directly? Feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see more posts like these; please subscribe to our newsletter. By entering a valid email, you’ll receive top trending reports delivered to your inbox.
This article and images were originally posted on [Latest Articles from Tech Advisor] August 15, 2018 at 12:13PM. Credit to Author and Latest Articles from Tech Advisor | ESIST.T>G>S Recommended Articles Of The Day.