Your daily selection of the latest crowdfunding projects!
According to kickstarter
Sterka M1 is a premium, powerful and modular out-of-the-box, build-it-yourself pedelec bike that you can upgrade, customize and build.
Inspired by a career in professional RC Racing, father and son, Rick and JJ Wang set out to develop an e-bike kit that would appeal to builders, mountain bikers looking to break into eMTB riding and anyone who has a love to tinker!
See the Sterka M1 kit that assembles in less than 3 hours:
Prototype parts may differ from production models
Unique Do-It-Yourself Kit:
High Performance Out of the Box:
Striking Design with Fully-Functional Features:
A fully functional pedelec e-bike assembled in 3 hours.
An e-bike is nothing new (especially in crowdfunding!), modularization is not new, but these two concepts have yet to be combined into a sophisticated, powerful machine.
Through meticulous planning and design, the ultimate e-bike kit gives tinkerers and Do-it-yourself-ers the creative freedom and self satisfaction.
The Sterka M1 is a high performance kit with custom features and modular adaptability. Once built, you can make adjustments on the bike to fit your specific riding style. Adjust suspension for rugged trails, swap tired for urban riding, or swap out parts for upgrades.
The Sterka M1 is built with high quality materials and features in its stock configuration.
The bike kit starts with incredible features and performance, but for those looking for a truly customizable experience, you can swap out existing parts with the upgrades you’re looking for. We made sure it was easy to maintain to keep the bike lasting a long time.
A frame that can last a lifetime, the modular components of the M1 make it a future-proof ride. Whether hitting the trails too hard, or general wear and tear on pieces, the M1 can swap out pieces as needed.
The M1 is not just a kit-bike. It’s a specialized high tech E-Bike that can compare to high-end E-Bikes in the market.
A 350W Mid Drive Pedelec Motor at the core of bike provides consistent rider support.
Rather than a hub-mount, a mid drive motor drives the crank instead of the wheel itself, multiplying its power and allowing it to take advantage of the include Sturmey-Archer 5-gear internal hub transmission. The pedelec drive allows a more natural riding feel while also complimenting the rider’s strengths.
The Pedelec Motor features two unique sensors that help with bike performance
- Torque Pedal Assist System – torque sensors measure the actual force of your pedaling and use the engine to keep the same effort when going up hills to maintain speed and achieve a bionic feel in performance.
- Cadence Pedal Assist System – Best used on flatter conditions, cadence sensors measure if you are pedaling and add boosts and speeds through manual adjustment.
Through a thumb-controlled Pedal Assist System, you can change how the Sterka M1 can empower your pedal power.
A high performing pedelec bike deserves to look like a work of art.
We made sure the Sterka M1 is eye catching with a premium build and feel.
A light frame was absolutely necessary so we built the Sterka M1 using carbon fiber sheets and #6061 Aluminum alloy Material shaped and cut by CNC machining. Final weight, including a charged battery rests at under 60lbs.
Hydraulic front and rear brakes ensure safe braking at maximum speeds.
Front and rear pneumatic shock absorbers provide comfort for any road conditions. Adjustable pre-load pressure corresponding to the rider’s weight, alleviate the impact caused by the road or trail surface.
Depending on your needs, Sterka has several components to help with your riding experience.
- LCD Display – Display PAS level, speed and more
- LED Headlamp – For night rides and improving visibility to others
- Thumb-Control PAS – convenient placement makes it easy to control how hard the pedal assist system is working.
- USB Port – A must-have for commuters and conveniently located under the seat, charge devices on the go.
How To Order Sterka M1
1. Click Back this Project: Select the available reward tier you would like to pledge on the right side of the page or click here. Each backer may only make one pledge.
2. Payment: Enter your payment information. Your payment won’t be effective until the very end of this campaign.
3. Shipping Information: Don’t worry about that yet! You will get to submit your Shipping at the very end of this campaign.
- Transmission Hub – 5-Speed Sturmey-Archer Internal Gear Hub
- Motor – Middle Mounted Sterka OEM Motor
- Max Speed* – Over 20 mph
- Output – 350W
- Battery – Sterka OEM 36v Lithium Battery
- Battery Capacity – 10AH 10S4P
- Range Over 100 miles**
- Charging Internal – 3-4 Hours
- Sensors – Torque and cadence sensors
- Seat – Ergonomic Cushioned Seat
- Handlebars – Aluminum straight handleber
- Display – 3in LCD Display
- Grips – Contoured Rubber
- USB Port – 1 x 5V/3A
- Brakes – Sterka OEM Hydraulic Disc-Brake (Mechanical Brake used in prototype photographed)
- Materials – 4mm carbon fiber sheet, #6061 aluminum alloy material.
- Weight – 26kg/57.32lbs
- Front Fork – Sterka OEM Pneumatic Suspension Fork
- Rear Pneumatic Shock Absorber – Exa Form 562 R ATB Rear Bike Shock
- Dimensions – Assembled: 178 x 102 x 62cm
*At Stock Configuration
**Our Testing Environment: ~72℉, flat road, normal tire pressure, a 150lb weighs rider, low to no wind resistance, Low Power Assist, High Gear Set up, a 12mi/h average riding speed. Individual rider results may vary based off of riding style and conditions.
- Got any news, tips or want to contact us directly? Feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see more posts like these; please subscribe to our newsletter. By entering a valid email, you’ll receive top trending reports delivered to your inbox.