Your daily selection of the hottest trending tech news!
According to Latest blogs for ZDNet (This article and its images were originally posted on Latest blogs for ZDNet September 6, 2018 at 06:16PM.)
Park Jin Hyok
Earlier today, the US Department of Justice formally charged a North Korean programmer for some of the biggest cyber-attacks in recent years.
According to a 179-page DOJ indictment, the US believes that Park Jin Hyok, a 34-year-old North Korean, is one of the many individuals behind a long string of malware attacks and intrusions, such as:
- The WannaCry ransomware outbreak of 2017;
- Attempts of hacking US defense contractor Lockheed Martin in 2016;
- The 2016 Bangladesh Central Bank cyber-heist;
- The breach at Sony Pictures Entertainment in 2014;
- Breaches at US movie theatre chains AMC Theatres and Mammoth Screen in 2014;
- A long string of hacks of South Korean news media organizations, banks, and military entities across several years, and;
- Hacks of banks all over the world from 2015 through 2018.
- Got any news, tips or want to contact us directly? Feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see more posts like these; please subscribe to our newsletter. By entering a valid email, you’ll receive top trending reports delivered to your inbox.