Google is shutting down Google+ for consumers following security lapse

Your daily selection of the hottest trending tech news!

According to (This article and its images were originally posted on The Verge October 8, 2018 at 01:40PM.)

Google is going to shut down the consumer version of Google+ over the next 10 months, the company writes in a blog post today. The decision follows the revelation of a previously undisclosed security flaw that exposed users’ profile data that was remedied in March 2018.

Google says Google+ currently has “low usage and engagement” and that 90 percent of Google+ user sessions last less than five seconds. Still, the company plans to keep the service alive for enterprise customers who use it to facilitate conversation among co-workers. New features will be rolled out for that use case, the company says. Google is focusing on a “secure corporate social network,” which is odd considering this announcement comes alongside news that the company left profile details unprotected.

 

|
+ Got any news, tips or want to contact us directly? Feel free to email us: esistme@gmail.com.

To see more posts like these; please subscribe to our newsletter. By entering a valid email, you’ll receive top trending reports delivered to your inbox.

__

This article and images were originally posted on [The Verge] October 8, 2018 at 01:40PM. Credit to the original author and The Verge | ESIST.T>G>S Recommended Articles Of The Day.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.