Your daily selection of the hottest trending tech news!
According to Tech Insider (This article and its images were originally posted on Tech Insider November 23, 2018 at 07:53AM.)
- Thousands of Amazon workers across Europe were striking and protesting on Black Friday in anger at the company’s warehouse working conditions.
- Strikes were taking place across Amazon sites in Italy, Spain, France, and Germany. The Italian press reported that managers were having to pack boxes to meet demand.
- In the UK, the GMB trade union and off-shift Amazon workers were demonstrating outside warehouses.
- UK politicians expressed support for the protest, with the deputy leader of the opposition calling on Amazon management to listen to staff concerns.
- An Amazon spokesman said: “All of our sites are safe places to work and reports to the contrary are simply wrong.”
Thousands of Amazon staff members across Europe were protesting on Black Friday over the way the company treats its warehouse workers.
A coalition of unions across Europe coordinated the action, and the British trade union GMB published a video of workers telling Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos “we are not robots” in five different languages.
To see more posts like these; please subscribe to our newsletter. By entering a valid email, you’ll receive top trending reports delivered to your inbox.