Your daily selection of the hottest trending tech news!
According to Business Insider (This article and its images were originally posted on Business Insider February 8, 2019 at 07:21AM.)
- Jeff Bezos accused the National Enquirer’s parent company of trying to extort him with intimate photographs.
- Rather than deal on their terms, Bezos went public about the compromising images, and rejected any deal with them.
- Plenty of other people — though none so rich — have been caught in the exact same dynamic.
- The singer Sia, Kim Kardashian, and ordinary people have all responded to attempts to shame them by refusing to be ashamed.
Jeff Bezos went public on Thursday evening with the latest development of his extraordinary feud with the publishers of the National Enquirer, the magazine which revealed his affair and, arguably, expedited his divorce.
In an excoriating blog post on Medium, Bezos published emails from lawyers on behalf of the Enquirer, threatening to publish a series of embarrassing photos unless he did as they asked.
- Got any news, tips or want to contact us directly? Feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see more posts like these; please subscribe to our newsletter. By entering a valid email, you’ll receive top trending reports delivered to your inbox.